- About us
- My FSA
Who we are and what we do
As the CEO of the National Skills Academy for Financial Services (NSAFS), I am delighted to welcome you to this website.
The NSAFS is an educational charity that provides a standard for excellence in training and development for the financial services industry.
With the industry, for the industry
By working in partnership with our network of accredited training providers we aim to develop a workforce with the knowledge and skills they need to match the best in the world. Our network of high-quality training providers work in regions of the UK where financial services companies have formed strong clusters of activity.
Our work with employers, whether they are large, small, wholesale or retail, spans across the whole of the financial services industry to develop education and skills training. This ensures that:
- employers’ needs are reflected
- employers are involved in the governance of the NSAFS
- employers help to set training standards
- employers have an influence on the strategic direction of the NSAFS
In return, as customers of the NSAFS, employers see the benefits of a well-educated, highly-skilled workforce that delivers real improvements to a business’ bottom line.
The NSAFS is:
- increasing the numbers of skilled people going into the financial services sector
- improving training for existing employees
- making training more relevant to business needs
- providing real business benefits for employers in financial services
In the current climate of an economic downturn, it is all the more important to make sure that the financial services workforce has the right knowledge and skills to do their jobs.
Protecting talent and ‘upskilling’ are key elements for firms that want to gain a competitive advantage. The NSAFS can ensure that the existing workforce and new talent who are currently in training will have the right skills for the future.
National Skills Academy for Financial Services